EXCHANGE CARDANO TO STELLAR LUMENS
What do you need to know?
- The average time of the exchange of ADA to XLM — 5 minutes
- Only 15 confirmations of the Cardano blockchain are needed to complete the exchange
- Memo is the XLM payment ID. If you need it when sending a transaction, be sure to include it
- If this is your first time using a Stellar Lumens account, you need to activate it. To do this, you need to send at least 1 XLM
A brief history of Cardano
At the end of 2014, former Ethereum developer Charles Hoskins put together a team to create a Cardano platform that, in his opinion, had to meet all his requirements. With the help of the platform, Charles Hoskins wanted to introduce cryptocurrency into the real economy, make microtransactions convenient and create convenient conditions for launching reliable and secure decentralized applications.
Cardano address formats
There are 2 types of Cardano addresses:
- Byron is the first version of an address that starts with «A» or «D».
- Shelley is a new type of address based on the bech32 format. The address starts with «addr1». A feature of these addresses is their compactness. If earlier all information was stored in the blockchain, now only the most necessary remains there. Also, the new address model allows for up to 123 address versions.
Speed and fee in the Cardano blockchain
The exchange requires 15 confirmations. Blocks in the ADA blockchain appear approximately every 20 seconds. The average time for confirmation of an exchange is 5 minutes.
The Cardano blockchain fees are very small — less than 1 cent.
A brief history of Stellar Lumens
Stellar is a publicly available decentralized marketplace with various assets in circulation. The platform also has its own open source cryptocurrency Stellar Lumens (XLM).
The currency is based on the Stellar Consensus Protocol (SCP), which is similar in principle to the BFT protocol of the Ripple platform, but has a significant difference — all network validators are equivalent, there are no central control nodes in the blockchain. XLM coin is more decentralized than Ripple, but less decentralized than Proof-Of-Work cryptocurrencies (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum).
Getting started with XLM
If this is your first time using an XLM account, you need to activate it. To do this, you need to send at least 1 XLM to it. As soon as the transfer arrives at your wallet, it will become active. This is done to protect against spam.
To store this currency, you can pay attention to special wallets Solar wallet and Lobstr.
What is a Memo and do I need to specify it?
When sending XLM, there is an additional Memo field. Memo is the ID of the payment. It is unique, and with its help the service identifies the sender and recipient. Many services have address protection, which does not allow transactions without Memo.
If you forgot to specify a Memo or entered it incorrectly, check if the transaction was sent. If the transaction is not sent, please write to our technical support. If the transaction has already been sent, you should write to the technical support service of the service to which you sent it.
Stellar Lumens blockchain speed and fees
XLM is considered to be a fast blockchain. The transaction is confirmed in a few seconds. The commission is very small, on average 0.00001 XLM.